Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment
Ardmore seeks an experienced professional to lead and inspire managers, coordinators, and direct support professionals in the daily operations of a community-based Meaningful Day & Employment service.
Ardmore, Inc., founded in 1963, is a person-first oriented, nonprofit service and advocacy organization whose primary goal is to promote and protect the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and actively support their full inclusion and participation in the communities they choose to be a part of. We believe that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities are valued members of our communities, so, we aim to provide the highest quality community-based, person-centered services to those we support so that they can live the lives they choose for themselves.
Ardmore provides an array of services that support people with IDD to live, work and thrive in their chosen communities. We provide services and support that create pathways to active community engagement that gives people opportunities to contribute in meaningful ways while developing new skills, exploring new interests, and building friendships and relationships. Full community inclusion and integration is the goal. Our services promote increased social connections and opportunities while encouraging autonomy in decision-making.
Ardmore’s mission is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Ardmore’s services are driven by the unique desires of the men and women we support to:
- Live in a home of their choosing with whom they want to live.
- Gain independence through paid employment that is valued and meaningful.
- Spend their days meaningfully in the community doing things they choose to do.
- Pursue their personal development through continuous learning, and
- Thrive in communities of their choosing.
For more information about Ardmore, see ArdmoreEnterprises.org .
The Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment is responsible for the oversight of all services provided through community development and employment. The primary focus is to increase employment outcomes and community engagement of people with disabilities as an Employment First organization and uses the principles of Customized Employment. This leadership position will be an active part of organizational change moving from a center-based service to fully community based and aligning all services and practices with the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration Transformation initiative. This position requires a strong commitment to the principles of self-determination through the practical application of Person-Centered Thinking and Planning. This position will provide daily support to all department staff and direct supervision to Program Managers and PCP Specialists.
The Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position develops, implements, and manages a comprehensive set of support services for approximately 120 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment will be responsible for developing and administering programs, supervising staff and transitioning the program from traditional day habilitation services to community-based, meaningful day services. including paid community employment, customized employment, business ownership, or a mix of community, employment, volunteerism, and activities.
The Senior Director is responsible for creating an atmosphere that provides quality services and clear expectations for all employees related to Ardmore’s mission. The Senior Director implements the philosophy, policy, procedures, systems, and strategic goals set by the CEO while maximizing the highest level of customer service to the community, families, persons receiving services, and external organizations.
Other key responsibilities include to:
- Create and maintain a professional network that will enhance community-building for people in services and the organization.
- Promote the ongoing training and skill development of the Community Development and Employment team, strengthening the ability of the community development and employment services department to live out organization's mission of empowering people with disabilities.
- Conduct regular and ongoing evaluation of training needs in collaboration with the training specialist department, develop training as needed, and ensure training in all critical areas.
- Maintain lines of open communication with people served, their families and other team members.
- Partner with community resources. Convey the organization’s philosophy, policies, and belief in partnerships to achieve shared expectations.
- Collaborate with team members to support the new team infrastructure in community day services.
- Provide oversight to the team in recruiting, hiring, training, and provide support and resources to all employees, consultants, vendors and volunteers working for the Day and Employment programs.
- Provide back-up support to Managers, including support with staff supervision, payroll, data tracking and other day-to-day operational supports to ensure quality service delivery.
- Supervise and evaluate direct reports.
- Continuously maintain an approach that involves employees to improve all processes. Supervise a team of Person-Centered Specialists to assure that reliable data on personal outcomes, individual program plans, attendance, progress, services, quality improvement measures, and billing information are recorded, submitted, and/or filed, as required.
- Assist in monitoring and projecting monthly and annual departmental budgets to ensure financial stability.
- Involve direct support staff, families and people receiving services in leadership roles related to quality improvement, planning, and staff development programs.
- Ensure that the delivery of services exceeds the expectations of the person supported, their family members, the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), the Office of Health Care Quality (OHCQ), Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS), and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current local, State, and Federal regulations. Assist in ensuring full program participation in external and internal program evaluations and compliance with regulatory agencies, funding sources, and accreditation standards of excellence.
- Create and maintain positive public relations by being an enthusiastic ambassador for Ardmore. Be an active advocate and liaison with community members and organizations. Market the programs and expand services offered in response to community and individual need.
Experience and Attributes
The Director will be a strategic thinker who operates in a collaborative manner and is highly organized. Attention to detail and the ability to learn systems and technology quickly is beneficial. The following are the expected qualifications for the Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment:
- 5+ years of progressively responsible senior leadership experience including managing and developing teams
- Supervisory experience with a working knowledge of Community Development and Employment services
- Knowledgeable on the DDA service system, including Employment and Meaningful Day service delivery
- Strategic and critical thinker who will contribute to the development and implementation of operations to achieve the organization's vision
- Expertise in communications both internally and externally
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Experience with creating and maintaining partnerships with businesses, partners and organizations within the community
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field; Master’s preferred
Additional requirements include providing proof of US citizenship or legal immigration status, an acceptable criminal background check, able to pass a drug screening (random and scheduled), and being fully vaccinated for COVID. The base salary range for this position is $95K - $110K.
Send a cover letter that details your fit with the position’s requirements along with a chronological resume to Ardmore@dragonflycentral.org. Ardmore is partnering with Dragonfly Central, Inc. to find the Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment. For other inquiries, contact Ginna Goodenow at Ginna@dragonflycentral.org.
Ardmore is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law