Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit the websites of AAIDD without revealing any personal information. However, AAIDD needs certain personal information if you wish to purchase our products, receive AAIDD newsletter, or use certain AAIDD services.
- Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. AAIDD will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, to set up your member's account, and to contact you regarding new products and services.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- AAIDD automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. AAIDD may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, AAIDD does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
- AAIDD also allows third party companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Again, these cookies are not connected to any personal information. Third party cookie usage is subject to their own privacy policies, and AAIDD assumes no responsibility or liability for this usage.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- AAIDD may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of AAIDD to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information
- AAIDD may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of AAIDD;
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to AAIDD.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your AAIDD Information protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, AAIDD uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
- Further, AAIDD retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes identified above or as required by law.
- AAIDD may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of AAIDD websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
General Data Protection Regulation
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, data subjects have the following rights
- data subjects have a right to know the reasons for collecting and processing their data: any data collected must be for a specific, explicit, and legitimate purpose. AAIDD may collect data through its websites as follows:
- members - need contact information to inform member of activities, handle member dues billing;
- prospects - keep prospective member informed of upcoming events;
- event registration attendees- contact attendee of changes to event, keep list for check-in, keep list for promotion of future similar events to promote;
- proposal system - keep track of who has submitted a proposal, contact them for clarification or acceptance/denial;
- forms builder - keep track of submitters for various purposes;
- classified ads - retain information to allow buyers to contact sellers;
- jobs board - include contact information to allow job seekers to communicate with employers;
- donors - track information on donors for accounting purposes, to reach out for donations in future;
- online store - track information on purchasers for accounting purposes, fulfillment purposes;
- data subjects have a right to know the contact information of the data protection officer, if such an officer has been appointed;
- data subjects have a right to access their personal data;
- data subjects have a right to have their personal data corrected, if it's inaccurate;
- data subjects have a right to be forgotten (to have their personal data erased);
- data subjects have a right of data portability (i.e., right to get a copy of data relating to them in a common format, and to transmit those data to another);
- data subjects have a right to restrict or object to automated processing of personal data
The AAIDD GDPR Article 27 Representative is its Executive Director & CEO, Margaret Nygren, who may be reached by post at AAIDD, 8403 Colesville Rd, Suite 900, Silver Spring MD 20902 or by email at email@example.com.