Program Director – Health and Quality Assurance
SEEC is a progressive nonprofit agency located in Silver Spring, Maryland, which provides a wide range of community supports to help people with developmental disabilities live the lives they choose. Supports are provided solely in the community and are directed by the interests, needs, and aspirations of each person.
The Program Director of Health and Quality Assurance provides administrative and operational leadership for our nursing program, behavioral support services, and quality assurance functions. This position oversees, guide and mentor the Nurse Manager and her team, the Behavior Support Services team, and the Quality Assurance Coordinator. This position is responsible for all programmatic and administrative functions across these service areas of Knowledge Management. The Program Director, Health and Quality Assurance also maintains operational compliance in accordance with agency and regulatory policies and manage the financial stewardship of program areas in alignment with agency’s financial standards.
- Supports Nurse Manager to ensure that nursing and health services are delivered in compliance with DDA, MBON, and COMAR regulations, and that nursing staff remain in compliance with DDA trainings and MBON licensing requirements to maintain active Delegating Nursing status and RN licensure
- Acts as a primary liaison with Maryland DDA, MDDH, and OHCQ, and support the Nurse Manager who is the key liaison with MBON.
- Develops health services workplan to lead the strategic development, design and implementation of enhancements to SEEC’s health and wellness systems.
- Designs, implements, and supports training on quality assurance checks to ensure SEEC’s person and agency-wide health and medical records are accurately and efficiently maintained. Evaluate and develop higher levels of systems user efficiency, integrating with SEEC’s CRM
- Develop communication plan to keep Program and Department Directors informed and aware of Nursing program initiative and to solicit regular feedback and needs
- Oversee the Behavior Support Services program which provides services to people supported by SEEC and will also begin providing services to external stakeholders.
- Supervise Registered Behavior Technicians and other roles within the BSS program.
- Monitor contracts with BCBA professionals, and ensure processes are in place to meet BCBA licensure requirements as they relate to supervisory services at SEEC.
- Identify strategies for ongoing improvement of Behavior Support Services, as well as expansion.
- Oversee SEEC’s compliance with PORII, including regular staff training and refreshers
- Provide agency QA guidance related to reportable incidents; conduct investigations
- Develop and monitor systems and metrics for Quality Assurance data across agency initiatives
- Supervise QA Coordinator, who files quarterly A5 reports, creates report to Human Rights Standing Committee on IRs and Tier III Behavior Support Plans, coordinates and hosts quarterly HRSC meetings, and supports the person-centered visits conducted by the Quality Advisory Council.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from an accredited college of university (Master’s degree or equivalent preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time experience with individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of 5 years in management/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of MBON and DDA nursing and health supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Knowledge of Behavior Support Services in Maryland
- Knowledge of Maryland DDA QA, and Office of Health Care Quality, Maryland Department of Health regulations and procedures
- Experience managing budgets, maintaining compliance standards and setting up and sustaining quality assurance systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
If you think you meet the qualifications, we would love to speak with you!
Please email your updated resume to JNeely@seeconline.org
SEEC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce in an inclusive culture environment. SEEC does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.