Director of Finance
Echoing Hills Village, Inc (Echoing Hills) is seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Finance to oversee the fiscal management of the organization. Echoing Hills is located in Warsaw, OH and is a faith-based, non-profit ministry with nearly 500 employees providing premier residential, vocational, educational, and camp services to persons with disabilities throughout the state of Ohio and internationally.
For more than 50 years, Echoing Hills has supported thousands of families, friends and neighbors through their outreach to people with disabilities. All of these programs support the mission of Echoing Hills which is Revolutionizing lives where people live, learn, connect, play and worship and are in alignment with their core values: the right to choose, the dignity of each person, personal fulfillment in God’s plan, and a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Finance is vital to fulfilling the mission and purpose of Echoing Hills by directing and overseeing financial functions and assisting with operational functions that support the strategic goals of the organization. This includes budget development, fiscal compliance, fund investment, cash management, and executing capital-raising initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge and understanding of Christian principals, ethics and morals and a faith in Jesus Christ, have strong communication and decision- making skills and possess organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
Additional Skills and Characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and public presentation communication skills.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, applicable Medicaid, Medicare and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development regulations, Department of Labor and IRS regulations, general management principles and HIPAA regulations as it relates to information gathering, storage, and dissemination.
- Working knowledge of managerial, financial accounting, and not-for-profit accrual accounting.
- Knowledge of consolidating related corporations’ financial statements.
- Ability to develop, monitor, and manage budgets and manage the process of audits performed by outside agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, with Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in the field of accounting
- Prior accounting experience in the non-profit and/or health care sector is strongly preferred
- Must have prior experience in a supervisory role or staff development role and experience working with funding agencies to maximize revenue and minimize wait times
- CPA preferred
Interested persons are invited to send resumes to Heather Plunkett, MHS Consulting who is conducting this search. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
Thank you in advance for your interest and consideration of this outstanding opportunity with Echoing Hills.
Heather Plunkett, Consultant, MHS Consulting