August 28, 2019
Colleen Thoma, PhD, FAAIDD, and LaRon Scott, EdD, are seeking submissions for consideration for a special issue of Inclusion, to be published in September 2020. In addition to their being the incoming co-editors of Inclusion, Drs. Thoma and Scott will also co-edit this special issue.
This issue will highlight work by students currently in a doctoral program and early career professionals who are conducting high quality, innovative research on policies and practices that support the inclusion of children, youth, or adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in their communities. To be considered for this special issue, the following criteria must be met:
- The lead author/researcher must be either a student currently in a doctoral program or an early career professional (having earned a terminal degree within the past five years).
- The research must be related to one of the focus areas of AAIDD’s Interest Networks (See list of AAIDD's Interest Networks here).
- The article must report original research not submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The discussion section must include implications for future research, practice, and policy.
- The manuscript must follow all other author guidelines for publication in the journal Inclusion (see guidelines here).
To be considered for the special issue, the lead author should provide the following prospective information to Dr. Colleen Thoma (firstname.lastname@example.org), co-editor of the journal and lead editor for this issue, no later than 10/2/2019:
- proposed title for the paper
- Interest Network area addressed in the paper
- ·name of lead author and status (student in a doctoral program or early career professional, year of graduation or anticipated graduation year, and name of university or employer)
- abstract/summary of research, including information about methodology and implication(s) for inclusion
If accepted for consideration, the lead author shall submit their complete manuscript (see guidelines here) through the online submission portal no later than 12/15/2019.
The link for submitting the complete manuscript is https://inclusion.allentrack.net/cgi-bin/main.plex.