STATEMENT OF GOALS
If privileged to serve in the role of Secretary-Treasurer of AAIDD, I will strive to do the following:
- Use experience developed at the state, regional, and national levels of AAIDD and through service at provider agencies to successfully fulfill the job duties for the position to oversee the records of the board, the investment portfolio, and any historical documents.
- Support the AAIDD board and conference planning committees with the development of cutting-edge educational forums, conferences, and resources.
- Promote an even greater sense of community within AAIDD so the organization excels as the “go to” place (home) for self-advocates, families, students, early career professionals, practitioners, and researchers within the field of IDD from around the world.
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with, share, and mentor the next generation of leaders who will keep AAIDD vibrant through the coming years.
Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer, Incompass Human Services, Chelmsford, Massachusetts
President, Bloom Coaching and Performance, LLC, Raynham, Massachusetts, 2010-2017
Executive Director, Cardinal Cushing Centers, Hanover, Massachusetts, 2005-2008
Director of Service, Vinfen Corporation, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1996-2005
MA – Social Policy, The Heller School at Brandeis University, 2001
MS – Psychology, Villanova University, 1993
BS – Psychology, College of William and Mary, 1991
- Co-chair, Assembly of Geographic Regions, 2019-Present
- 145th Annual Conference Planning Committee Member, 2020-2021, Co-facilitated Virtual Social Hour during the conference
- Co-chair, 141st Annual Conference Local Arrangements Committee held in Hartford, CT
- Served on several Annual Conference Proposal review panels and as session moderator during several annual conferences
- Member, Student Scholarship Selection Committee, 2013
- Member Nominations and Elections Committee, 2009-2012
- 134th Annual Conference Planning Committee Member, Providence, RI, 2010
Northeast Region X
- President (2020 – Present, 2011-2012)
- Vice President (2019-2020, 2009-2010)
- Annual Conference Planning Member and Awards Chairperson, 2010- Present
- Bylaws Revision Chair, 2007
- President, 2007-2008
- Vice President, 2005-2006
- Treasurer, 2003-2011
- Bylaws Revision Chair, 2004
- Conferred AAIDD Fellowship Status, 2012
- Keynote speaker, AAIDD Wisconsin Chapter 2015 conference, “Inspiring Excellence: Proactive Approaches in Guiding Life Choices.”
- Featured speaker, AAIDD Connecticut Chapter 2013 Aging conference
- Author of the book, The Accidental Caregiver’s Survival Guide: Your Roadmap to Caregiving Without Regret
- Received “Moving Mountains” award at 2002 ANCOR Conference on behalf of Vinfen self-directed teams being recognized as a “best practice” in workforce development.