Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily view information on AAIDD's web site for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on AAIDD's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by AAIDD at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on AAIDD's web site are provided "as is".
In no event shall AAIDD or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on AAIDD's Internet site, even if AAIDD or a AAIDD authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on AAIDD's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. AAIDD may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice’ but does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AAIDD of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk. AAIDD is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to AAIDD's web site shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
This policy addresses how AAIDD treats personally identifiable information collected from its website visitors and users.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit the website of AAIDD without revealing any personal information. However, AAIDD needs certain personal information if you wish to purchase our products, receive AAIDD newsletter, or use certain AAIDD services.
- Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. AAIDD will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, to set up your member's account, and to contact you regarding new products and services.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- AAIDD automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. AAIDD may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, AAIDD does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- AAIDD may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of AAIDD to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information
- AAIDD may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of AAIDD;
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to AAIDD. If you have provided personal information to AAIDD and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify AAIDD at 202-387-1968.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your AAIDD Information protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, AAIDD uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls, and physical security measures.
- Further, AAIDD retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
- AAIDD may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of AAIDD websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions