Vice President, Strategic Development
The MENTOR Network
As the Vice President, Strategic Development you will tactically analyze growth opportunities within our Community Support Services Operating Group. Responsibilities include developing processes and marketing strategies to assist state leadership in maximizing census and occupancy levels across 21 states; generate and participate in new program opportunities through the identification and development of new starts, programming diversifications and service line expansion.
*This is a remote leadership position and location can be anywhere in the US.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Drive measurable growth of occupancy levels in residential programs through systematic process of reporting, accountability and strategic actions
- Analyze census data and occupancy levels
- Create innovative processes and marketing strategies for continued census and occupancy growth
- Identify and evaluate business and referral opportunities, conduct market and competitor research, and monitor industry trends to share with operations leaders
- Lead appropriate locations/markets for occupancy expansion opportunities in conjunction with local/state/regional operations teams
- In partnership with operations, assist with gathering respective licensure and personnel requirements for emerging market opportunities
- Work closely with operations, finance and marketing to ensure all required steps for approval of new initiatives undergo necessary due diligence and reporting requirements
- Assist with completion of licensing packets and confirm new start developments receive licensure approval
- Represent the Company in emerging and established markets by networking with potential external stakeholders
- Influence regional and operating group’s strategies and interact with senior management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field. Master's degree preferred
- Ten years of experience in Human Services or Healthcare with progressive career growth, with four years at a management level
- Proven track record working with funding agencies and leading organic growth initiatives
- Demonstrated experience influencing and partnering at all levels within the organization, and proven measurable results to achieve business objectives
What we offer:
- Career growth opportunities
- Largest national network of human service providers
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A dynamic, growing work environment with advancement opportunities nationwide
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health care and human services providers in 37 states offering an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses; to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges, as well as their families; and to elders in need of support.