Service Navigator & Service Navigator Manager at NeuroNav
We are a startup founded out of Stanford University with the mission of improving quality of life for developmentally disabled adults. If you’re familiar with the space, you know just how challenging it is for people with disabilities to find and access support in their community that fits their goals. We aim to change that by combining technology with human kindness and human capital. We’re hiring changemakers in this space who are committed to helping the disabled community find a sense of belonging anywhere with any goal. Learn more about our mission of inclusion here .
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to do meaningful work, here’s why working with us could be a perfect fit for you.
- Your work will directly support our mission - you’ll see firsthand the impact that you have on individuals with disabilities. It’s amazingly rewarding!
- You’ll collaborate with hard-working, smart, and hilarious people. Work culture is important to us; we celebrate achievements, have weekly “fun lunches”, and end the week with (virtual) happy hour.
- You’ll have the opportunity to grow with us. We know that, in order to succeed, we need the right people on our team. We give honest and direct feedback to help you excel in your role.
- We promise fair and competitive compensation and, assuming this is a good fit, you’ll transition into a full-time salaried employee with great benefits.
What You’ll Do
As a Service Navigator, you will be responsible for guiding individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, through a new California Policy called Self Determination. You will lead people through a person-centered planning process, develop person-centered plans, guide them through a budgeting process, and advocate for them with Regional Centers. In addition, you will assist customers with finding tailored support services, community supports, activities, and direct support staff.
The Service Navigator Manager position shares these tasks and also is responsible for supervising Service Navigators including organizing workflow, ensuring employees understand their duties, and evaluating performance goals.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate has experience with developing person-centered plans and is familiar with self-determination or self-directed care. As we work with diverse clients, and guide them through a stressful process, we are looking for a candidate who is non-judgemental, patient, flexible, a good listener, and a teamplayer. This position is remote (based in California) so you’ll need to be organized, motivated, and able to manage your time well.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (Service Navigator Level)
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience (Manager Level)
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience (Manager Level)
- Experience with the Developmental Disability Community (professional
- Experience and/or training in at least one (at least two for Manager Level) of the following areas:
- Self Determination Policy in California
- Advocacy within the Traditional System
- Person-Centered Thinking, Planning, and/or Practices
- Experience developing PCPs and/or IEP/ITP/IPPs
- Experience managing multiple customer relationships at once
- History of time management and delivering high-quality work under pressure
- Track record of working well with diverse, multi-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and co-workers
- Passion and excitement for NeuroNav’s mission
- Patient, non-judgemental, and genuine
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (preferred)
- Multi-lingual (Spanish preferred)
- Must have computer, reliable high-speed internet connection, and a quiet work environment
- Must be based in California
*We are a neurodiverse and racially diverse team. We believe in creating opportunities for all and encourage neurodiverse and racially diverse applications.
Position Type, Salary, & Benefits
Compensation: $20.00 - $24.00/hour (Service Navigator Level)
Compensation: $40.00 - $45.00/hour (Manager Level)
This is a part-time (20 to 30 hours / week) contract-to-hire position.
Assuming that this is a good fit, you’ll transition to a full-time salaried employee within three to six months.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and an anonymized example of a PCP or IEP/IPP/ITP
that you’ve developed (if applicable) to email@example.com Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received. Deadline to apply is November 6, 2020 .
Candidates must successfully complete a background check. A Confidentiality Agreement and Intellectual Property Agreement must be signed upon offer.