MARYLAND SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND
3501 TAYLOR AVENUE
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND 21236-4499
Work Function Code: 611
Compensation Schedule: MSB Professional Scale
Department: Related Services
Supervisor: Psychology/Social Work Supv.
Director: Maureen Bisesi
Approval Date: April 2021
SUMMARY: With supervision, provides psychological and behavioral services as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Conducts psychological evaluations and writes reports.
- Provides counseling to students if appropriate.
- Conducts Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) and works with IEP teams to develop Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP); provides IEP teams with consultation regarding implementation of the BIP.
- Maintains records, participates in interdisciplinary teams, and attends designated meetings.
- Provides consultation to students, staff, parents, and community-based professionals.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Equipment Used: Psychological test materials, personal computer, telephone.
Performance Standard: Must consistently demonstrate clinical competence in all areas of performance within recognized standards for Licensed Psychologists.
Work Environment: Multiple indoor environments, on and off campus, with a variety of sound, lighting, and temperature conditions.
Work Schedule: 35 daytime hours per week. Additional time may be required for job completion. Flextime scheduling may occur. This position has an annual 11-month schedule.
Knowledge, skills, and general abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of data collection, testing, assessment and behavior modification techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of normal and abnormal human development, including a general knowledge of the impact of children's psychosocial problems on learning and classroom behavior.
- Basic knowledge of children and adolescents with developmental disabilities.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in school, behavioral, developmental, or clinical Psychology required.
- Two years experience working with a population with developmental disabilities, with an interest in working with students in autism preferred.
- Licensed in the state of Maryland.
After the six months in this position, the employee will have:
- General knowledge of: visual impairment/blindness relative to testing and social-emotional development; behavioral management techniques used with students with multiple disabilities; IDEA regulations and service implications; MSB policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of MSDE regulations regarding the provision of psychological services.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Training completed.
Visit us here to APPLY
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F -