EXECUTIVE SEARCH - PRESIDENT & CEO
ABOUT THE ARC JACKSONVILLE
The Arc Jacksonville has been championing the inclusion of persons with intellectual and developmental differences since 1965. Beginning as a grassroots movement to provide educational opportunities, The Arc Jacksonville has been an innovative leader and pioneer of new approaches for 54 years, advocating for and serving individuals and their families.
Today, The Arc Jacksonville serves more than 600 adults each day, helping to answer, “What’s Next?” Program participants are empowered to take their next step in education, employment, independent living, recreation, and community involvement. Through innovative programs, The Arc Jacksonville is on the front lines to ensure that people with intellectual and developmental differences and their families have the support and services they need to be fully engaged in their communities.
Nationally recognized, the programs of The Arc Jacksonville include: adult day training, mental health services, STEM high school prep, community employment, independent and residential living, college experience programs for young adults, nutrition, personal care, recreational and social skill building.
Our mission - The Arc Jacksonville serves and advocates for individuals with intellectual and developmental differences to achieve their full potential and to participate in community life.
Our vision - Individuals of all abilities enrich their communities and have quality options on how they live, learn, work, and play.
The Arc Jacksonville has a $10 million annual operating budget, a team of 120 dynamic and diverse staff members, including 24 AmeriCorps members and six VISTA members, and a 22-person board of directors.
PRESIDENT & CEO
The Arc Jacksonville is seeking a visionary leader who will continue to expand its rich history and who deeply believes in and acts in accordance with our values:
People First - We value the individual strengths and abilities of all people.
Collaboration - We believe united efforts achieve more success.
Innovation - We continuously explore needs and seek possibilities with open minds and flexibility.
Advocacy - We change and impact individual lives and our community through our shared passion and commitment in the work that we do every day.
Integrity - We do the right thing with respect and honesty.
Sustainability- We strive for long-term viability and success.
The President & CEO will be responsible for the following:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the President & CEO will set and implement the organization’s strategic plan while ensuring program and fiscal accountability.
- Provide direct oversight, leadership, and foster a collaborative relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Engage and participate in Board committees.
- Keep the Board President and the Board of Directors fully informed as to the condition of the organization.
- Responsible for the financial, operational, administrative, legal aspects, and long-term strategic management of the organization. This includes sound management of all fiscal resources, fund development, public relations and marketing, supervision of an established program staff, and business operations.
- Serve as the liaison to national, state, regional, and local organizations and coordinates the contributions of diverse board members, donors, staff, volunteers, community groups, and program participants.
- Serve as a spokesperson, while also encouraging and developing other voices to speak for the organization.
- Participate in advocacy for individuals with intellectual or developmental differences.
VISIONARY AND STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP
- High impact, dynamic leader utilizing a collaborative leadership style.
- Ability to engage, organize and motivate employees at all levels.
- Promotes an equitable and inclusive organizational culture.
- Builds a cohesive team that supports and works towards fulfilling the mission of the organization.
- Capable of projecting stability in volatile and quickly changing circumstances.
- A clear, concise, and persuasive communicator with an ability to reach a broad internal and external audience.
- Effective in utilizing quantitative measures - metrics - to drive organizational performance.
- Understands and is sensitive to customer, management, and regulator needs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local and state legislators and key personnel to promote and advocate for funding and policies.
- Oversees the development of and effective management of an annual organizational budget.
- Oversees planning and implementation of fee-for-service revenue opportunities.
- Obtains and maintains a deep understanding of the priorities, changes, and requirements of key funding sources.
- Communicates with the Board of Directors on a regular and timely basis to inform them of the financial position and any changes.
- Oversees a comprehensive fundraising plan for the organization that includes varied forms of fundraising opportunities.
- Develops relationships with individual and institutional donors and demonstrates that their gifts are used well.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: All organization Vice Presidents, Building and Safety Manager, Education Services Director of the On Campus Transition College Program.
- Previous experience with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in senior level administrative management and professional background and experience in nonprofit service.
- Experience should include financial management responsibilities including ability to read/interpret financial statements and/or management of a financial officer.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- The salary range is competitive and will be commensurate with experience as outlined in the required qualifications.
- The Arc Jacksonville provides health care coverage, a 403b program with a company match, and a retirement program.
- The Arc Jacksonville provides paid holidays, sick days and vacation days that accrue based on years of service.
DIVERSITY EQUITY & INCLUSION
The Arc Jacksonville is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
HOW TO APPLY
The Arc Jacksonville has retained Catalyst Consulting Services to conduct this search on their behalf. Michelle Turman is leading this search. To be considered for this opportunity, please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Michelle Turman, MA, CFRE