Are you a strategic and dynamic leader ready to work with a highly competent and experienced management team, an energetic staff and a supportive Board of Directors in an innovative organization that is poised for future growth? Riverside Industries, Inc. (RSI) has a long history of consistent community support and a sterling reputation for providing quality services. This is an opportunity to spend your days doing rewarding work and truly making a difference in the lives of adults living with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our vision and values are reflected in all that we do and we are dedicated to the empowerment and enrichment of those that we serve.
Over fifty years ago, a small group of families founded RSI and created a small manufacturing business to employ young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Since then, RSI has grown in size and expanded to offer personalized therapeutic services, innovative therapies and programs including, music, art, horticulture and more. Located in Easthampton, MA, RSI provides individualized services combining life skill development, habilitation, and employment options for adults living with intellectual and developmental disabilities from 33 cities and towns in the tri-county region. RSI occupies 50,000 square feet in a 178,000 sf historic mill building in the heart of downtown Easthampton. The remaining sf is home to a diverse community of artists and craftspeople.
We are looking for a future leader, who is not only going to fill the qualifications of this role, but will also exceed expectations. Be part of a team whose mission is to provide quality, compassionate, and innovative services for adults. The President/CEO will have the opportunity to continue our growth in empowering people with disabilities in their pursuit of satisfying jobs, life direction and a meaningful place in their community and is responsible for the overall daily operations of the agency, including strategic direction and management of the facility.
Key Responsibilities of the President/CEO:
- ●Manage the operations assuring a smoothly functioning, efficient organization which meets the expectations of all stakeholders
- ●Lead the Board in Strategic Planning initiatives
- ●Motivate and lead a high performance management team
- ●Oversee the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting, and securing adequate funding for the organization's operations
- ●Manage RSI owned property including long-range capital projects, maintenance and improvement planning, short range priorities, day-to-day activities, tenant relations (including collections), city permitting, and emergency actions.
- ●Serve as the primary spokesperson for the organization
- ●Develop and maintain strong working relationships with legislators, funding and regulatory agencies, and representatives of the non-profit sector and the local community
- ●Foster Riverside’s unique and positive organizational culture
Qualifications of the President/CEO
- Master’s degree in a related Human Service field, Public Administration, or Business Administration, or a Bachelor’s degree combined with related and substantial experience
- A minimum of seven years of senior or executive level management experience in a multi-million dollar human service organization
- Senior level experience working with, or designing programs for, developmentally or intellectually disabled individuals preferred
- Extensive experience negotiating and administering business and governmental contracts and ability to oversee business, financial, and program areas of the organization
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of intellectual and developmental disabilities and related services
- Development and fundraising knowledge; experience cultivating relationships with foundations, corporations and individuals in order to secure funding
- Successful experience working with Board(s) of Directors
Riverside Industries, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
The Employers Association of the NorthEast (EANE) is leading Riverside Industries’ executive search for a President/CEO. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-employment CORI, fingerprinting and OIG are required.
50+ Years Commitment Empowering People with Disabilities to Live Rich and Full Lives.
Riverside celebrates diversity.
Riverside Industries is an EOE employer