American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabiltities
The full-time position is responsible for overall management of education programs for AAIDD members and the general public, including the acquisition and development of new content, translation of existing content, continuing education processes, and the production, marketing, and delivery of educational programming. Working independently and collaboratively, the position holder coordinates education initiatives and performs necessary operational and logistical tasks.
• Education operations: assure that educational programs are developed, implemented, and evaluated; manage communications with speakers and advertisements to potential audiences; manage planning committees; develop and maintain a stable of content experts to achieve educational goals; and manage educational session databases and reports.
• Financial management: contribute to the development of the annual budget, participate in proposal development, develop budgets and pricing for educational projects; monitor project and departmental budgets monthly; and execute projects within budget.
• Managerial direction: contribute to an integrated, effective, flexible, and accountable team environment and provide clear and professional communication on education programs.
• Time management: assure that educational programs proceed in a timely manner, utilize appropriate and necessary tools to monitor processes and communicate effectively.
• Problem solving: proactively identify problems and identify workable solutions.
• Travel to and participation in conferences, exhibitions, and educational events as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and history of progressively responsible experience in program or project management.
• Experience in curriculum development, training, or teaching.
• Working knowledge of technologies used in delivering educational content (webinars, online learning, PowerPoint, podcasting, web hosting, etc.).
• Professional experience in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
• Familiarity with basic principles of marketing educational programs.
• Experience in managing CEU processes and requirements.
• Experience with social media.
• Familiarity with strategies to translate research findings to practice.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines simultaneously.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and utilize Microsoft Office and a variety of web-based software programs at an acceptable rate of accuracy and speed.
• Ability to analyze and organize information.
• Ability to produce clear written materials for technical and non-technical audiences and to self-edit most typographic and grammatical errors.
• Ability to understand and interpret oral instructions and/or written directions.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
• Ability to perform close, detail work involving considerable visual effort and concentration.
• Ability to effectively work with and serve a diverse community.
• Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position (e.g., ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for long periods of time, speak on the phone frequently during the day, and travel when needed).
• AAIDD offers competitive salaries, health insurance and other benefits, and is conveniently located next to the Silver Spring Station on the Red Line.
• This position is located in Silver Spring, Maryland; while we are working remotely during this pandemic, the position is not a permanently virtual or off-site basis.
• To apply, submit resume via email to Margaret Nygren, EdD, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications reviewed upon submission; position open until filled. No phone calls.
• AAIDD is an equal opportunity employer.