LMFT will help family members communicate better, solve problems, lessen their stress, and find new ways to work together. Family therapy can't always make a problem go away. But it can give family members new skills to get through difficult situations in healthier ways. The LMFT will provide counseling to couples, families or siblings. The LMFT would have to be familiar with Trauma-Informed Care and its application, as well as Adverse Childhood Events (ACEs) Screening and utilize those in the course of the sessions.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: The majority of duties are performed in the office and out in the community. The ability to drive an automobile is required on a daily basis. The job duties require the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, and to operate office machines requiring manual dexterity and repetitive key entry. The ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are required on a daily basis. Excellent oral and written skills are essential. Must be able to travel locally and out-of-town regularly.
Key Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Provide counseling and therapies as per the California State license scope of practice and proper documentation as per agency policy.
- Utilize ACEs Screening and Trauma Informed Care in the process.
- Utilize Zoom or other virtual platform for virtual counseling.
- Completes required documentation and paperwork including biopsychosocial assessments and treatment planning and implementation in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow Privacy and HIPAA.
- Collaboration, consultation and provide training to the agency team with approval from supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Family Wellness Coordinator and/or the Clinical Director.
Salary: ($96,600 - $ 129,453.24) – Salaried/Exempt Position