This is a short-term, work-for-hire contract/consultant arrangement, with a desired start in March 2021.
Scope of Work
Provide an in-depth review and analysis of AAIDD’s current training curricula, asynchronous online courses, eLearning modules, and supplemental training materials for the Supports Intensity Scale- Adult Version (SIS-A) and Supports Intensity Scale- Children’s Version (SIS-C).
Recommend important, useful, and innovative strategies to refresh these materials. AAIDD expects the Designer to work collaboratively with AAIDD staff to recommend and design the best learning solutions for the existing SIS-A and SIS-C curricula, online courses, eLearning modules, and supplemental training materials.
Provide technical assistance to AAIDD staff on cutting-edge instructional design approaches for developing active and effective learning experiences for trainees
Upon approval from AAIDD, redesign SIS training toolkits to be easy-to-use, clear, concise and accurate material for an assortment of training programs, including instructor/participant guides, case examples, job aids, PowerPoint presentations, and curriculum requirements.
AAIDD seeks a consultant with
- Excellent English-language verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, superior organizational skills, self-direction, and motivation a must.
- Strong background in learning design, project management and a flair for creating engaging learning experiences
- Two-to-five years of experience designing engaging and relevant learning including classroom, e-learning and related course materials.
- Strong understanding of adult learning theory and training design models as it applies to learning for professionals in the human services sector.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, MS Power Point, Storyline, and Captivate.
- Experience with learning management system (LMS) technology; knowledge of Articulate learning management system preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in instructional design or education-related field preferred.
- Commitment to teamwork through relationship building and effective collaboration to manage expectations.
Interested individuals are asked to contact Dr. Ravita Maharaj, Director of SIS Programs, at email@example.com with their qualifications and rates.