Founded in 1949, The Arc New York. is a family-governed, professionally managed, not-for-profit advocacy and service organization, with 40 community Chapters operating programs in every county in New York State, serving approximately 60,000 individuals, with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities.
Maintaining over 100,000 members, The Arc New York’s mission is to advocate for persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities in every manner possible. In its advocacy role, The Arc New York is committed to a full quality of life for every person, as it recognizes the challenges of the present and has a clear vision for the future.
The Arc New York provides support to individuals with developmental and other disabilities and their families across NYS and currently seeks a dynamic, experienced Executive Director to lead and provide executive management to our organization, supporting and assisting the Arc New York Board of Governors, Executive Committee and Senior Leadership of 40 Operating Chapters across NYS. This is an exciting opportunity to provide strong leadership and vision to a senior State Office team that works in support of the mission and goals of The Arc New York with a focus on strong legislative advocacy, membership and public relations, program and operational sustainability, and outstanding quality and compliance throughout our operations.
The Executive Director will be an outstanding leader and change agent with proven skills to build upon The Arc New York’s 71-year successful track record. The Executive Director will work alongside a highly skilled professional team that is deeply committed to the success of diverse stakeholders across The Arc New York, working to ensure the strength and sustainability of our Chapters in a significantly changing policy and funding environment.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- A Master’s or other advanced degree in a relevant field strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of experience in senior leadership position at large, multifaceted organization, with expertise in nonprofit sector and developmental disability community preferred
- Understanding and dedication for the Organization’s mission, culture and history
- Skill, knowledge, and experience in interacting and advocating effectively with state and federal governments, and constituencies.
- Experienced and knowledgeable when working with New York State government specifically regarding fiscal and policy issues
- Ability to engage and collaborate with The Arc of the US and National Council of Executives organization.
- Ability and proven success in developing and implementing organizational change and growth, particularly with strategic business and financial planning
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the funding and regulatory systems of New York State and Federal agencies for services for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities
- Managerial experience, demonstrating collaborative supervisory style and affinity for managing within a culturally and politically diverse environment/community
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with strong experience in public speaking and media relations preferred
- A visionary, ethical, innovative, diplomatic, and energetic leader.
- Solid experience working with and supporting a governing board, with expertise in family governed organizations especially desirable
Please submit resume, letter of interest and needed salary requirements to: CareersED@thearcny.org
Deadline for all submissions for consideration,
The Arc New York is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.