Executive Director – Pleasant View, Inc.
The Pleasant View, Inc. (PVI) Board of Directors is seeking an Executive Director to lead, manage and further develop the organization in its commitment to high quality services and programs for those with Intellectual Disabilities. Pleasant View, Inc., located in Broadway, Virginia, was founded by the Virginia Mennonite Conference in 1971 out of a concern for people within the church and wider community who have Intellectual Disabilities. Pleasant View, Inc. has grown into an organization which serves over 91 people in residential settings and 145 people in day support services in 11 locations throughout the Harrisonburg/Rockingham County area.
The mission of PVI is: to support individuals who have disabilities in living out their goals for meaningful work, relationships, and spiritual development. PVI carries out this mission by providing residential services, ranging from structured home-based care for severe disabilities to independent apartment living and home living. The residential areas include small community-based homes and apartments as well as a larger, 15-person Intermediate Care Facility.
The PVI Board seeks an Executive Director who is inspired to lead and serve others. The successful candidate will be able to develop a shared vision for the future of the organization, thoroughly understand the organization’s mission and be able to lead the staff in fulfilling this mission, oversee resource development, and cultivate and maintain relationships with the church and other affiliations of PVI.
• Bachelor’s degree in sociology, psychology, human service, special-ed, public administration or healthcare related field, with a Master's degree preferred
• At least 5 years senior management experience in a related health or human services organization (non-profit or the public sector) with experience in fundraising, public relations, management, compliance, strategic planning and finance.
• Exhibit, embrace and champion the PVI faith-based mission and values.
• Extensive experience in a field related to working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
• Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid, Medication Management and UKERU certifications.
• Knowledgeable in all relevant areas of Federal and State regulations.
Direct interested individuals or candidate nominations to Heather Plunkett of MHS Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org
; Website: www.mhsonline.org
. All inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence. You can expect to receive confirmation upon receipt of your expressed interest.
Thank you for your interest in the Executive Director position at Pleasant View, Inc.r