KEES has been exclusively retained by Envision Unlimited in its search for a Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO).
Envision Unlimited is seeking a strategic, experienced and forward-thinking Human Resources leader to develop and nurture a vision for excellence in all human resources matters. Serving as a strategic advisor to the CEO and executive team, the next HR leader at Envision will bring innovation in HR to the organization, provide contemporary leadership to the department, and manage a seven-person team of dedicated HR professionals.
The CHRO will oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of system- wide human resource policy and procedures, recruitment, associate relations, compensation/benefits, unemployment, worker’s compensation programs, collective bargaining, and executive benefits plans. The CHRO supervises a team of three, currently structured with an Associate Director of Human Resources, Operations/Risk Specialist, and Staff Training Coordinator. There are four indirect reports comprising the entire team of seven.
Some of the specific requirements include:
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to the vision and mission of Envision, coupled with an executive level skill set and presence.
- Advanced knowledge/understanding of labor laws (local, state), all HR functions, and best practices from a tactical and strategic viewpoint.
- Proven ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations and other stakeholders.
- Ability to relate to all levels of a highly diverse workforce from front line staff to c- suite as well as organizational trustees and board members.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with a demonstrated ability to create, implement, and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies.
- A minimum of 10 years of related human resources experience, with a minimum of 7 years in a HR leadership position with documented ability to manage staff and lead teams.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant advanced training or degree; PHR/SPHR preferred.
A full listing of requirements can be found in the Opportunity Guide document.
This position offers a competitive market-rate salary (recently benchmarked) with strong benefits. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Envision Unlimited does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in employment or any of its activities or operations.
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://bit.ly/Envision-Unlimited-CHRO
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE. All candidate
submitted materials and credentials will be reviewed for consistency and accuracy. Candidates can expect that KEES will verify employment/academic/background information both in the screening process and for the finalist(s) in a formal background check.
KEES (formerly Alford Executive Search) is a nonprofit executive search firm that also works with public sector organizations to build diverse teams with dynamic leaders in the sectors. A woman owned and operated firm, KEES offers a full array of nonprofit consulting services including executive search, leadership development, interim staffing, and HR support.
About Envision Unlimited
For over 70 years, Envision Unlimited has served people with disabilities across all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Today, a wide array of home and community-based programs benefit over 2,000 individuals across the state of Illinois. Envision provides day programs, community living services, employment services, a foster care program, and mental health services.