- Increase the visibility the Association, its resources, and membership.
- Expand AAIDD’s footprint.
- Connect professionals in the field to AAIDD’s mission, resources, and opportunities.
- Disseminate organization news and increase visibility of AAIDD in your state or region.
- Recruit new members to the organization through your professional networks.
- Engage current members in your geographical area (e.g. recruiting micro volunteers to post and share on AAIDD social media channels).
- Network with other liaisons to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Report monthly activities.
- Current member of the Association in good standing
- Have existing professional networks in intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Have regular access to the internet and comfort with online communications
Training and Resources
- Introductory call with AAIDD Membership Manager
- Regular check-ins for questions from the AAIDD Membership Team
- Member recruitment kit
- A community of AAIDD liaisons
- 3-5 hours a month in aggregate for a renewable one-year term
- Service the field and contribute to the impact of the Association.
- Grow your professional network and circles.
- Recognition your leadership and service
Submit the Regional Liaison Application Form to Laura Thorn at email@example.com. Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis.